Monday, May 21, 2018

Winner Takes All





















He told you he loved you
He told you he didn't want to live without you
That it pained him to put you through this

He said he'd never known a soulmate
Until you
He said he never felt the need to share feelings
Until you

He talked about leaving his family
Of abandoning everything for you
To start a new life with you
Because life without you would mean nothing

I want to tell you about all the others
He said those same words to
I want to laugh at you because
You are the worst kind of thief

I want you to know I told him to go to you
I told him I didn't want someone who
Wanted someone else
I want you to know I gave him my blessing

He told me he couldn't leave me
Because I was the love of his life
He begged me not to make him go
So I didn't

I didn't win
Because being loved by him isn't simple
It comes with a price
A price I am never sure is worth it

But I didn't lose either
I wanted a family
I am his home
And he is mine










No comments:

Post a Comment